In today’s business environment, no organization is immune from the real threat of data breaches and cyberattacks. Threats can come from both inside and outside your organization – or from hacked credentials from a legitimate employee.
With digital data at the core of your business, protecting it from hackers and misuse is paramount. Your databases house proprietary financial information, data about your employees and customers, and likely social security and credit card information. A data breach can not only cost your organization millions of dollars, but also degrade your brand and your credibility with customers and the public. A sound, multi-faceted security strategy can serve as a competitive differentiator for your busimess and drive growth from current and future customers.
Protect your valuable data with a Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) solution. DAM is an essential component of your security and compliance strategy, and can help you identify insider threats and ensure your organization is complying with all federal regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, J-SOX, HIPAA and the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). A DAM solution provides real-time, continuous monitoring of your databases to alert you to unauthorized or suspicious activities, and block them. DAM is useful in facilitating the investigation of questionable database activities with analytics tools that can be customized to your organization’s specific environment and needs. DAM’s continuous monitoring capabilities also collect data about privileged user activities necessary for compliance audits.
With the ability to scale to monitor even the largest of databases, DAM can support your Big Data platforms, your mainframes and all kinds of data warehouses in between - whether they be in the cloud, on-premises or hybrid environments.
Aside from the ongoing database monitoring, a DAM solution can also be useful in solving a number of other challenges your organization may be facing. Other benefits include:
- Provide monitoring of your database traffic to identify policy violations to be used for auditing purposes.
- Create comprehensive database audit trails
- Manage user access rights to identify excessive access privileges, and assist with EU GDPR requirements
- Manage and centralize thousands of databases and repositories to comply with the “separation of duties” requirement
- Reporting and analytics capabilities to accelerate compliance audits
- Provide security alerts
- Quickly identify and remediate/patch vulnerabilities in your databases and repositories
- Whitelist normal behavior patterns and detect and block abnormal usage of data objects
- Protect your data in real-time
We can help you design, deploy and manage a DAM solution to help you integrate DAM into your existing identity environment for maximum protection. Call us today to start a conversation about how DAM could benefit your organization.