You’re susceptible to breach if you share login credentials, or approve access that is not monitored or allows files and sessions to be accessed unchecked. Root access to privileged credentials means attackers will find it easy to operate on a low profile as they access critical data and systems.
BeyondTrust Linux Privilege Escalation
It is common knowledge that Linux and Unix system are prime targets for external attackers and unverified insiders as well.
And risk also spread as the attack points multiply, perimeters are crossed, cybercriminals get bolder, and compliance requirements increase. So, how do you limit root access, credential sharing, meet compliance requirements, and guarantee accountability without impeding workflow?
Protect Privileged Accounts and Achieve Compliance With BeyondTrust PowerBroker Identity Services
BeyondTrust PowerBroker for Linux and Unix is an enterprise-grade, high standard privilege management solution that provides you with unrivaled visibility and control over a diverse server environment.
- Monitor and audit login sessions for unauthenticated access, changes to directories and files, and compliance
- Eliminate attack surfaces by deleting credential sharing, approving least privilege, and improving commands without asking users to have root access
- Monitor behavior to identify a malicious account, user and asset activity
- Centralize policy, management, and reporting. Based on three decades of experience in the industry, BeyondTrust understand what is required to protect your essential, tier-1 systems, and reduce the risk of breaches while achieving compliance requirements
Key Features of BeyondTrust PowerBroker Linux
- Accelerate forensics and make compliance more manageable by providing an impeccable audit trail of user activity
- Eliminate risk by ensuring that essential policies and files are not tampered with
SECURE CRITICAL SYSTEMS AND FILES
- Reduce attack points by providing adequate access to achieve a task, and limiting access to the root account
- Keep systems secure by only approving secure commands and applications to be executed
- Limit attack surfaces by assisting IT in implementing privilege decisions based on risk and context
- Shield important files from privilege misuse and malware
- Delete gaps and workarounds that could lead to attacks
- Decrease the possibility of user behavior aiding damaging data breach
- Improve user productivity by simplifying the steps that are complicated with sudo or native tool
- Promote ease of use regarding speed deployments, management, and upgrades
LEVERAGE FLEXIBLE DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS
- Execute hardware appliances or on-site software, or host in Google Cloud, Azure Marketplace, or Amazon Web Services
We are here for you
Allow us to help you pick the best of bread solution for your IAM Issues
Key Capabilities of BeyondTrust PowerBroker for Linux/Unix
AUDITING & GOVERNANCE
Monitor user pattern by compiling, safely storing and indexing session recordings, keystroke logs, and addition privileged events
FINE-GRAINED LEAST PRIVILEGE
Upgrade privileges for unique users on Linux and Unix via fine-grained policy-based commands
DYNAMIC ACCESS POLICY
Use factors such as day, time, application/asset vulnerability status, and location to achieve privilege elevation decisions
REMOTE SYSTEM & APPLICATION CONTROL
Fiber users the ability to execute specific commands and create sessions locally based on protocols without accessing the system as an admin
POLICY & FILE INTEGRITY MONITORING
Report audited changes to critical policy, network, data files, and applications
PRIVILEGED THREAT ANALYTICS
Associate user behavior concerning security intelligence and vulnerability data from the best security solutions.
The Risk of Not Protecting Unix/Linux Privileged Accounts
Upgrading the privilege means a hacker has gained access to special entitlements that they should not have and are not entitled to. A cybercriminal can use these privileges to execute malicious activities such as accessing private organization information, deleting files, or installing bad programs or applications like ransomware or viruses on your enterprise network, causing all types of issues.
Actions like these usually happen when your network has a bug that gran5s access to be bypassed or if your system architecture is compromised with design flaws. Another reason can be if the business owner or an employee makes an error that grants the attacker unfettered access to your Linux/Unix system.
Once an attacker gains to your system, here are two options for the attacker to approach privilege escalation. Namely:
- Vertical Privilege Escalation: Otherwise known as privilege escalation, in this scenario, the attacker uses a lower privilege he or she has access to and accesses content or functions reserved for higher applications or privileged users
- Horizontal Privilege Escalation: This second form of privilege escalation is when a cybercriminal uses typical user privileges to access content or function reserved for fellow normal users, in a bid to escalate his or her privileges.
Supported Platforms For BeyondTrust PowerBroker Privilege Escalation
PowerBroker For Linux and Unix is compatible with more than 100 systems, including Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian GNU, VMware ESX, HP Tru 64, SuSE Linux Enterprise, and others.